Saturday, January 26, 2008

big weekend

Okily dokily, we're here!

Against my better judgment, I decided to come this weekend. My antibiotic treatment is over, although I'm not over what I needed it for, which sucks. But I've gotten used to my body not healing from things that normal people wouldn't have issues with. So I just go on and do what I can. And this weekend, that means doing as much as I can over here on the Wetside!

We had a long hard day getting out, but it finally happened. All in all, everything worked out fine.

Leaving home, in the winter afternoon light:




We're spending the weekend with my brother, in Seattle. I'm laying on the fold out futon with my family scattered about in the living room, listening to the peaceful sounds of sleep. Aaaah. I'm happy to finally be resting, and I hope it will be enough to be bright eyed and bushy tailed at REI at 10am for the Event. I'm excited! The will attend is up to 100, now. Wow. And it sounds like my brother is going to go. He likes REI, and he's interested in the new Garmin Colorado.

We went to the Spaghetti Factory tonight, which was great because I've been meaning to Waymark it for the Noodle category. It hadn't occured to me, but when we were discussing it with Koko last month (who owns the category), she thought it sounded perfect. We also went to one in Tacoma on the way back from the Vancouver CM weekend, and I'll waymark that one as well. Just need to wrap them up!



We ate in the trolley, and even had the employees come and sing happy birthday to the kids (Water Lily turns 14 on February 1, and Kboy turns 11 on February 26).



I'd love to show more of my Spaghetti Factory pictures, especially my bathroom ones. :-D But I'm sleepy tired so I'm calling it a night. I did really like the pictures I took of the inside restaurant details, I was happy with how they came out. I've been to a lot of Spaghetti Factories around the country (and some of the related restaurants in Canada), but I've always loved Seattle's the best. Perhaps I'm biased.

I'll end with my favorite detail photo from this evening:



On the way to my brother's tonight, we were close and so All41 wanted to stop for a minute at my cache, "Still Sleepless in Seattle", to see the houseboats at night. Very peaceful and quiet, although with not a lot of house lights so I wasn't getting the pictures that I would have liked.



While we were there, Water Lily started freaking out because she was hearing some stranges sounds that we didn't hear. She described it like the signals you can use for dogs that are so high pitched you don't really hear them, but just a little. Finally, I heard it too, and realized that it was the sound of the electricity on the high powered lines above us. It would be perfectly quiet, and then, zing! We had a good laugh. I checked to make sure my cache was where it should be and that the logbook was fine, and then I had to go because the family was already in the car waiting.

My family at "Still Sleepless in Seattle":



I'll take lots of pictures tomorrow, and someday I'll be able to get them ready for posting to the blog and cache page. :-p

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."